Registration is now closed.
If you have registered, you will receive an email from Cvent with program information and zoom links.
“The fundamental purpose animating the Faith of God and His Religion is to safeguard the interests and promote the unity of the human race.” Baháʼu’lláh
We are so pleased to announce
that this year’s school is a joint effort between Sheltering Branch and the Western Washington Baha’i Summer School Comm
ittees. We look forward to a united Washington State Baha’i Summer School! Re
gistration opens June 1st and closes Friday July 30th.
- Theme: The role of ‘Abdu’l-Baha in exemplifying freedom from racial prejudice and promoting the consciousness of the oneness of humanity.
- Dates: Wednesday August 4, 2021 – Friday August 6, 2021
- Adult Class Facilitator ~ Continental Board of Counsellors for the Americas Nwandi Lawson
- Visiting Musicians ~ Aaron Ferguson,
- Program Overview
- 9:00am-9:30am – Morning Devotions
- 10:00am-11:45pm – Morning classes for adults, children, youth and junior youth
- 12:00pm-1:00pm and 5:30pm-6:30pm – Lunch and Dinner Fellowship Zooms
- 3:00-4:15 – Afternoon Artistic Classes for all ages
- 7:00pm-8:30pm – Evening programs for all ages including multi-age discussion groups, devotions, musical guests
- 9:00-10:00pm – Evening Coffee House
- All sessions will take place via Zoom and all are welcome!
- Registration Deadline – Friday July 30, 2021
- Cost: To defray administration costs, there will be a $10.00 registration fee per family. Scholarships are available. Please email the summer school committee for more information at – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are thrilled to have one of our Continental Board of Counsellors for the Americas, Nwandi Lawson, facilitating our adult classes. She will be speaking on Baha’i community building as a mighty tool for social change.
“Freedom from racial prejudice, in any of its forms, should, at such a time as this when an increasingly large section of the human race is falling a victim to its devastating ferocity, be adopted as the watchword of the entire body of the American believers, in whichever state they reside, in whatever circles they move, whatever their age, traditions, tastes, and habits. It should be consistently demonstrated in every phase of their activity and life, whether in the Bahá’í community or outside it, in public or in private, formally as well as informally, individually as well as in their official capacity as organized groups, committees and Assemblies. It should be deliberately cultivated through the various and everyday opportunities, no matter how insignificant, that present themselves, whether in their homes, their business offices, their schools and colleges, their social parties and recreation grounds, their Bahá’í meetings, conferences, conventions, summer schools and Assemblies.”
Shoghi Effendi – Advent of Divine Justice
We look forward to our 2022 summer school and hope that we’ll be able to meet in person at the Seabeck Conference Center!
The dates will be in early July. More details coming soon. Seabeck Conference Center – https://seabeck.org/
Western Washington Baha’i Summer School is a space where diverse friends, families, and neighbors of all backgrounds come together to immerse ourselves for a few days in a spiritually nurturing culture. Together, in this uplifting and transformative environment, we learn to increase our capacity, build community, engage in social discourse, and elevate mankind through the study of Sacred Writings, conversation, music, arts, fun, and fellowsC